J + L
Pure. Random. Happy.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The phone is my enemy




This is me. Right now. At my work. Doing customer service. Which I've never done before.

Kill me.

I swear my heart has never beat this fast when running! Or when seeing a cutie down the hall! My cheeks are flushing so much that I had to run to the bathroom to wipe off my blush so that I wouldn't look doubly pink. I had three calls come in.... here's another one..... Ugh! They give me the eebie jeebies! I'm so afraid I'll say something stupid that it has now become a guarantee that I will say something stupid. My life has become a treasure box of un-glorious moments! At least I give people something to chuckle over. Gee.... I feel like my tongue has swelled 10 times it's normal size. How attractive. I'm debating on whether I should write down what to say to a customer when they call, no matter what they say or ask... my response will be clear, concise, and the exact same thing every time.


*Phone rings*

"Hi! This is Liesl! How may I help you?!" (we are supposed to sound cheerful even when we aren't cheery)

"Hi I am so-and-so, I was wondering what the employee pick is so that I may be more decisive on my order?"

"Oh yes, it is very cold outside isn't it! I'll be sure to leave the real customer service employee's your valued message! Thanks for shopping with us and have a fabulous day! Good-bye."


Clear. Concise. Embarrassing. At least I can hang up when I want. I might just get fired..... (is it worth it? is it worth it? is it worth it?) Well, wish me luck! I still have an hour left.... Here comes another one.

Ciao!

No comments: