J + L
Pure. Random. Happy.

Monday, February 6, 2012

R.I.P. old oven....... We definitely won't miss you


WELCOME TO THE NEW ONE!!!

I can't even begin to tell you how wonderful it is to know that our oven was broken.

WHY????

I thought you would ask....

Being a newly-wed and all, things are already a bit rocky when it comes to my cooking and baking. I'm not saying that I'm horrible at it. I've actually scored very nicely on some recipes I've tried! But all of those were on the stove top. I stopped trying to bake when it took over 3 hours for my lasagna to defrost (keep in mind... it was still cold! It didn't even cook all the way!!!) and 2 hours for me to bake my pumpkin chocolate chip bread that never completely cooked all the way through!

Justin was always such a sweetheart and never said a word about the difficulties I had when trying to make dinner for us. He just smiled and said that everything was delicious..... cute.

I was bound and VERY determined to find a reason for this madness!!! I knew I couldn't be THAT bad... but I still worried about it.

ALAS! The oven was checked and determined useless! Super great news! So our landlords had it replaced 2 days later. (Granted.... the oven they put in was guaranteed for a week. What?) We celebrated over green smoothies and then I made home-made oreo cookies for our superbowl party yesterday! They were delicious.... if I do say so myself.


SMALL recap of the superbowl party fun-ness!



Kyler kept score for us! We compared scores with the game after each quarter and had winners! Justin and I won 5 bucks. sweet.







Jenn's fingers wanted to be in on the pic!
-peace-

We don't get into the football games much. But we loved being there with family and FOOD!

I think the kiddos felt the same way!



Have a fabulous Monday!

No comments: